Sunday, March 24, 2019

It's vital to have a title!

What’s up my people!! Today’s blog is HUGE as I might have possibly come up with a title for our film opening!! The title is super important when it comes to our opening because since the audience is not going to take a look at the entire film, the opening is what convinces them to stop or continuing watching. In better words, I guess you could say that the title takes part in storytelling due to the fact that it could say so much about the film, but yet so little. I think that coming up with the title was really hard for Carlos and I as we wanted to give away some hints so people know what they are in for, but not spoil the entire thing! Like all film openings, what Carlos and I are aiming for is to keep the audience intrigued and on their feet! So due to the fact that our opening has to do with a teenage girl and how she has a huge crush on a guy, Carlos and I came up with the title…….. “Getting that guy!” We really think that this title could work as our opening basically demonstrates the lengths the girl is willing to go just for her crush to notice her. Like for example, her indecisiveness of which outfit to wear and the excessive makeup choice.

The title is definitely one of the last things we are going to focus on, but I just wanted to share the idea I had. What do you guys think?? Any suggestions?? The thing is that I really want our title to be appealing so that just by reading our title, the audience will wanna know what it’s about. Let’s say I want to watch a movie and I’m just scrolling down a bunch of options, I don’t know about your guys but the title is a huge deal breaker for me because if the title is bad, there is more of a chance I won't select that movie. I know we shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but sorry this is an opening, not a book! Carlos and I will obviously give you guys a heads up if we decide to change our title or even just stick with it!

                                   


Peace and love!!
XoXo
SP

No comments:

Post a Comment