Sunday, March 3, 2019

Nothing can go wrong...When you add a song!


WHAT’S UP, MY PEOPLE!! So just to catch up, on my last few posts, I was updating you guys about my project by showing you my storyboard, outline, and time schedule. If I’m being straight up with you guys, this project sure has been a challenge because there's so much to do, and such little time. Alright sorry for my little rant, now back to today’s blog. Basically, Carlos and I have been thinking real hard about what song our opening should have because we have been leaning towards more copyrighted songs, but that could be a complicated process. We believe that royalty free music wouldn't really capture the upbeat mood we want to set for our opening which is why our decision is heading the other way. The two songs we are debating on using is either “Perfect Day” by Hoku or “Shut Up and Drive” by Rihanna as they both have an upbeat mood. These two songs definitely caught my attention when I heard “Perfect Day” on the radio and “Shut Up and Drive” in the movie Wreck it Ralph. What we have to consider is that if we do decide to go with copyrighted music, we would have to ask their production company or whoever has rights to the song for permission and who knows how long that is going to take... Anyway, Carlos and I are willing to take the risk and email the production company even if it means that there’s a chance they might say no. The main thing we have to remember is to mention in our email that it would be for a nonprofit organization, it won't be reproduced, and that it’s for a school project.

 Down below is a picture of one of the emails we sent to Hoku records which owns the song “Perfect Day” and of the contact information for the producers of the song “Shut Up and Drive.”





Let’s all cross our fingers!!

Xoxo
SP

No comments:

Post a Comment