Thursday, March 14, 2019

Meeting updatee!

It’s that time again!! It’s time for our meeting updates!! So as you guys know, Carlos and I had to reschedule one of our meetings because I had forgotten that I had SAT testing. We ended up rescheduling our meeting to this Wednesday, March 13, 2019. I want to let you know that our meeting went really well as we are more than halfway done with our filming!! We have one more meeting left which is where we plan to shoot our last few scenes, but I think that we are going to have to meet up one more time to make sure we have everything we need. So now I wanna talk a little bit more about our last shooting as the scenes we filmed were of the girl going to the kitchen and having a conversation with her mother. The purpose of the dialogue in these scenes is so that the viewer can have a good understanding and picture of the daughter and mothers relationship. The dialogue in our scenes consists of mainly of the mother and daughter talking about college and the reason Carlos and I choose this topic was because we wanted to show the audience what it’s like being a teenager as many parents tend to put a lot of pressure on their kids.

Now, I wanna talk about the representation of the mother in our scenes. Carlos and I were aiming towards the representation of a typical single white mother wearing an apron as she is cooking in the kitchen which of course is also a stereotype as that is what women are expected to do in a household. I wanna mention that I had to borrow an apron from my grandmother because I didn't have one at home. It was actually really funny having to ask her for an apron as she looked at me like I was crazy because she knows I don't like to cook, but don't worry I explained everything to her. Other than that, everything else went smoothly and perfect!

For more information about representation, I found a really cool link down below!
https://www.slideshare.net/khalfyard/representation-in-media-56064486 

P.S. stay tuned for my upcoming blogs as I will be posting behind the scene pictures of me filming in our past few meetings!!



XoXo
SP

Khalfyard Follow. (2015, December 11). Representation in Media. Retrieved from https://www.slideshare.net/khalfyard/representation-in-media-56064486

No comments:

Post a Comment